How To Jump Start A Mercedes-Benz
It happens to everyone at some point in their driving career. You go out to your car, ready to go, only to find it won’t start and the battery is dead. What do you do now? Here is our guide to jump starting your Mercedes-Benz, or any other vehicle for that matter, to get you back on the road as soon as possible!
Steps to Jump Start Your Car
To safely jump start your car, follow these steps:
- Ask for help. In order to jump start your car, you will need another vehicle to help you out.
- Take out the jumper cables included in your emergency roadside kit. If you don’t have an emergency roadside kit already prepared, it’s a good idea to get one together with all of the essentials.
- Place your car and the car assisting you in park or neutral and turn off the ignition on both cars.
- Attach one red clip to the positive terminal of your battery. This part should display “POS” or “+” on it.
- Attach the second red clip to the positive terminal of the other vehicle’s battery.
- Attach one black clip to the negative terminal of the other vehicle’s battery.
- Finally, attach the second black clip to an unpainted metal surface on your car away from your battery.
- At this point, have the other driver start their car and let the engine run.
- Then, try to start your own vehicle.
Recharging A Dead Battery
Once you get your vehicle started, it’s important to not turn off the engine right away. Be sure to leave it running and drive around for a few minutes to give the battery time to recharge. It is important to note that if the vehicle will not start the next time you start it, you could possibly need to purchase a new battery through our Parts Department. If your vehicle is not starting from the jump, make sure you have followed the steps correctly. If all steps have been followed, you may need to have your vehicle towed to our Mercedes-Benz Service Center in Huntington, NY.
Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance
When in doubt, Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance can help you with a jumpstart, 24/7. Whether it’s replacing a flat tire, delivering a jump start, or providing fuel should you accidentally run out, Roadside Assistance can provide help when you need it most, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Now there’s an even easier, more convenient way to get the service you need when you’re on the move. With the complimentary Mercedes me app, you can quickly contact Roadside Assistance to alert them of any issue you’re having. Alternatively, you can press the wrench button or Mercedes me button on the overhead console or armrest of your vehicle to contact Roadside Assistance and have a Mercedes-Benz Certified Technician come to help you. Plus, it’s GPS-enabled to identify your location, and has a tracker to let you know when help will arrive. You can also call the Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance number directly, 1-800 FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372).
Schedule Service with Mercedes-Benz of Huntington
If you are having persistent battery issues, or you think it is time to replace your battery in your vehicle, be sure to make your next appointment for service with Mercedes-Benz of Huntington. We also have inventory of Mercedes-Benz genuine batteries available through our Parts Department. Our friendly staff in all departments are ready to assist you with anything you may need! Be sure to stop into our Mercedes-Benz dealership near Huntington Station to experience only the best!