How To Change Your Mercedes-Benz Key Battery
Trying to get into your car with a key fob that doesn’t seem to be co-operating? Here are some instructions on how you can replace your Mercedes-Benz key battery.
When Does One Replace a Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery?
When the battery of a Mercedes-Benz key fob runs out of power, here are some of the symptoms that you can watch out for:
- You start to have difficulties getting your car to start, and the process takes repeated attempts or a few minutes.
- You are not able to lock and unlock the doors of the car, or you are having difficulties activating the panic alarm with the key fob.
- A warning symbol that is located on the dashboard of the car signals a problem with the charging system.
In the event that you notice any of the abovementioned symptoms, it is very likely that you will need to replace the battery of your Mercedes-Benz key fob.
What Kind of Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Do You Own?
With Mercedes-Benz cars, there are two distinct styles of key fob, and the kind of key fob that you possess is dependent upon the number of CR 2025 batteries that you will need. Listed below are the two kinds of batteries and their respective instructions on how you may replace them:
- Chrome Keys: If you own a new Mercedes-Benz vehicle, you are probably using a Chrome Key. The Chrome Key is encased in a metal casing, and there are two iterations of this key fob—one old and one new. They older iteration of this key fob would require two batteries, while the newer iteration requires only one battery.
- Smart Key: These are designed for the older Mercedes-Benz models, and the material that is typically used in their production is plastic. For both the old and the new iterations of this key fob, you will require two batteries.
To Get Your Chrome Key to Open, Follow the Instructions Listed Here:
- Locate the silver tab that is shaped like a square and that is situated at the bottom of the Chrome Key fob. Pull on this silver tab and wait for the key to disengage from the fob.
- Push the key right into the small gap that can be found within the fob. Once the key is disengaged, you will be able to see the small gap.
- When the cover comes off, the old battery will be visible. Remove the old battery from the fob and put in the new one, ensuring that it is oriented in the correct direction.
To Get Your Smart Key to Open, Follow the Instructions Listed Here:
- Pull on the sliding tab on the key fob. Then, extricate the key from the fob.
- Shift the key to the opposite side of its insertion location. Then, push they key down in the direction of the fob.
- Take out the back of the key. Then, remove the old battery. Install the new battery and ensure that it is oriented in the correct direction.
Let Mercedes-Benz of Huntington Help You
If you require more assistance, contact us today.