How To Change Mercedes-Benz Windshield Wipers
Have you noticed an increased amount of rain droplets and snowflakes on your windshield despite the best efforts of your wipers to sweep them off? Or do you see long, unsightly lines on your windshield? If so, these are worrying signs. Not only do they damage the visual appeal of your vehicle, but they are also highly dangerous, impacting your visibility and putting the occupants of your vehicle at risk of serious accidents. With the impending arrival of winter, you should consider changing your windshield wipers as soon as possible if any of the problems sound familiar to you.
What’s Wrong with My Mercedes-Benz Windshield Wipers?
When your windshield wipers lose their efficacy, it means that the rubber blade has chipped, or even cracked. Consequently, the blade makes uneven, rather than uniform contact between itself and your windshield, resulting in the production of unattractive and hazardous lines and scratches. To enhance the longevity of your windshield wipers, there are several things you can do. Firstly, make sure that your windshield is clean all the time. Small bugs and bird excrement can increase friction, wearing your blades down faster than usual. Secondly, you should use rubbing alcohol to clean the blade’s edges regularly. Lastly, avoid using your windshield wipers to remove ice! This is, unfortunately, a common mistake made by the owners of many Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Replacing My Windshield Wipers
If your windshield wipers are damaged, you should replace them immediately. Ideally, you should seek the assistance of Mercedes-Benz of Huntington’s professional technicians. Their expertise saves you the hassle of replacing them yourself, a process which can cause further damage if you do not know what you are doing. However, if you are still keen on attempting the replacement yourself, the instructions are as follows:
- Firstly, turn on your vehicle’s ignition and run your windshield wipers. Stop the blades mid-swipe by turning your ignition off.
- Pull the arms of the wiper vertically away from the windshield, which allows you easy access to the blades.
- You should see a button or release tab at the point where the arm and blade meet. Press on the button, or release the release tab.
- Give the blade a gentle pull to slide it away from the arm, thus removing it.
- Insert the new blade by sliding it on. You should hear a click sound, which indicates that the new blade is now safely attached onto the arm.
- Push the blade back down onto the windshield and return it back to its resting position by turning your ignition back on.
Still Unsure of How to Do It?
At Mercedes-Benz of Huntington, we understand that not every car owner is technically inclined. If you are still unsure of how to change the windshield wipers on your own, there is nothing to worry about. You can always count on our professional and experienced technicians, who will be more than happy to assist you in doing so. All you have to do is simply to log on to our website and schedule an appointment, and we will take care of the rest! Rest assured that we will do an impeccable job.